Posted to rec.woodworking
dadiOH dadiOH is offline

Default Bandsaw blade MORE!

Chris wrote:
After I was done posting the original message, I read a few then
headed back over to the garage where I keep the bandsaw, as I
entered the kitchen I could smell a slight whiff of smoke, when I
opened the garage door the area was filled with a haze of smoke. I
couldn't imagine where it was coming from, I thought electrical? I
unplugged everything, then I noticed slight smoke from the bottom
of the bandsaw. I felt the machine, it was cool to the touch, I
looked behind it and there was glowing embers in the sawdust.

That's why I cautioned you about it.

I really don't
know what was so hot to cause this to happen. Maybe a spark from
ceramic guides? A slither of an old nail that was in the wood?

Nope, just friction.

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...