Posted to rec.woodworking
Jimmy Jimmy is offline

Default Hitachi C10FL Tablesaw, Any Good?

I have the C10FL and it is a decent saw for the money but has a few
drawbacks. When I bought mine I had to adjust the bevel angle, it was off
quite a bit. Not easy. The fence is decent but clamps front and rear and
sometimes seems to pinch the wood at the rear of the blade. Dust collection
could be better. Had some vibration when running but I put a link belt on
and it went away.. I bought a Forrest blade for it and it cuts great. When
you move it the legs almost look like they are going to bend, but I put an
extension table on it so that's got something to do with it, I sure.
Overall, I'm pretty happy with it for the money.
No zero clearance inserts available for it.
"HerHusband" wrote in message
I was browsing through Lowes last night and saw the Hitachi C10FL
tablesaw. I only looked at it briefly, but overall I was quite impressed
with it's features, and the $500 price tag didn't hurt either. (Keep in
mind, I'm currently using a cheap little 20+ year old Craftsman saw I
inherited from my Dad).

I liked:

- The motor is inside the cabinet, not hanging off the back. This would
let it fit in my garage better.

- The left-tilt mechanism (I don't like right tilts).

- The built-in wheel system for moving it around my garage.

- The fence seemed to move smoothly, it locked down tight, and the
"micro-adjust" seemed like it worked well.

- All controls were right up front, no leaning around the side to adjust
the bevel.

- The bevel angle is displayed through a little viewer on top of the
table.

- It ran off 120V (I don't have 220V outlets available).

The one weakness I saw:

- The max rip width appears to be about 24". Probably suitable for my
needs, but it would be nice to go to 30" or so on occasion.

However, I know features aren't everything, so I came home to do some
research online. But, I haven't been able to find much feedback on this
saw, other than a few comments on the inaccurate horsepower rating (which
I figured out on my own at the store). There don't seem to be any reviews
on the C10FL, even though it has apparently been on the market for a
couple of years now.

So, I'm curious if anyone here has used this saw and what you think of
it.

- Does it have any dust collection features?

- Are there any aftermarket accessories available, like zero clearance or
dado inserts, longer guide rails to extend the rip capacity, etc.?

I'm not really in the market for a saw now, and $500 is about my maximum
budget, but if the saw is really as good as it appears I might just
scrounge my penny's together and pick one up.

Thanks,

Anthony