Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
mkr5000 mkr5000 is offline

Default Laser vs conventional in pro operations

I was wondering if it's gotten to the point where most parts are cut
with a Laser or some other (plasma? water?) state of the art
technology vs conventional CNC shearing/punching etc.

My only parts are usually aluminum chassis for electronics equipment.

I know that there are different ways of approaching a part, like do
the punching first, then shear, notch and bend (or whatever).

But how would most big fabricators today approach an electronics
chassis?

Say a typical, simple aluminum one with small holes and 90 degree
bends etc -- nothing fancy.

Would the part be completely laser cut and then sent to the bending
machine? done deal?

THANKS for any answers.