Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Crap dot and dab, visible joins

wrote:
On 1 Dec, 20:01, Andy Hall wrote:
On 2007-12-01 19:27:14 +0000, "
said:

Just painted our newly plastered hall. The problem is when painted all
the joins between boards are visible and to be honest they look awful
in certain light.
Plasterer dot and dabbed. Anything that can be done to cover them up
other than re-skimming?

Can't you get the plasterer to come back and do the job properly?

If the joins are visible then either tape/bandage wasn't used or used
properly or the skimming wasn't done properly.

I'm currently contemplating getting him back but that would mean yet
another delay. :-/

He didn't use tapered edge boards, he did use tape though. I'm
guessing he just hasn'y used enough plaster.

Just get him back. It'll be a five minute job