Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Garage wall finish?

SteveC wrote:

I've wondered this as well. I want to do it cause I would like to be able
to wash the car in there in the winter. I also thought about using the
drywall that is used in bathrooms, then tape it up really well. Then paint
with good quality semigloss paint. Then line the bottom half of the wall
with thin Pexiglass to resist "most" of the water, sealing the joints with
clear waterproof chaulking.

That should be a good protection against rot.

Anyone see anything wrong with that setup?

Yes. You are inviting moisture problems. How about hosing the car in
the driveway on a sunny day, or at the carwash? Garage is heated so
that the water doesn't freeze? Nothing in the garage that would be
bothered by damp? Probably will stay damp or wet all winter.