Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Removing a sprinkler head in its enterity

wrote:

I'd like to remove a sprinkler head in it's entirety. To do this,
I'll remove the head, cut the pipe and repair the pipe with an
extension repair coupling. The question: Will this result in
noticable impact on water pressure etc.? In other words, could I
introduce air in the pipes or ... I'm just a novice here so I would
like to use caution before proceeding.

Thanks

You could just attach a cap to the pipe that the sprinkler head screws
onto so you can reverse it if you want. That would also allow you to
see if it makes a significant difference in the size or spray pattern of
the rest of the zone. Yes, it has an effect - depends on the size and
pattern of the removed head and the proportion of water it was using in
relation to the rest. What kind of head? How many on the zone?