Posted to sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.misc
msg msg is offline

Default About the Radio-Shack (Tandy) 22-175b multimeter

JANA wrote:

snip

You can also set up a cap tester using a signal generator and a scope. If
you want to do the math, you can work out a an RC network where you feed in
a frequency and amplitude calibrated signal. You then use a dual trace scope
and plot out the phase and amplitude differential. With some calculations
you can then have a very precise reading of the cap.

One can also make a capacitance bridge from easily obtained components; as
a kid I made one in a cookie tin that served me well even for values in the
10s of pf for many years. Now I rely on a Sprague Tel-Ohm-Mike for the
single digit pf measurements (a better capacitance bridge).

Regards,

Michael