Posted to sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.misc
Peter Bennett Peter Bennett is offline

Default About the Radio-Shack (Tandy) 22-175b multimeter

On 1 Dec 2007 22:23:44 GMT, (Gaetan
Mailloux) wrote:

In article ,
Gaetan Mailloux wrote:
I have a Radio-Shack (Tandy) 22-175b digital multimeter.

Wen I use it to measure capacitors it do not do it's 0 before measuring,
even without any wires plug to it there is alway a .1 nf reading, there
is only two trimpots on the pc board, how can we reajust to have 0 ?

Hello

They say in the booklet a resulution of 1 pf, well it seem that it's not true.

I will look for another meter for real 1 pf resolution.

Thank everybody.

Bye

Gaetan

That spec means that on the lowest range, the least significant digit
is pF. Even if the meter reads 0.1 nF with no capacitor connected,
you may still be able to measure capacitors down to 10 pF or so. Just
note the "no capacitor" reading, and subtract that from the reading
with a capacitor connected to get the actual value of the capacitor.

--
Peter Bennett, VE7CEI
peterbb4 (at) interchange.ubc.ca