Posted to rec.woodworking
Brian Henderson Brian Henderson is offline

Default Do you care where your tools are manufactured?

On Sat, 1 Dec 2007 13:40:35 -0800, "CW" wrote:

Would you be willing to pay $15.00 for an apple? How about $18.00 for a
pear? Those who claim that the problem is as simple as throwing out the
illegal either don't live in farm country or are not paying attention. Ever
picked apples? I have. You won't find enough Americans to get the crops in.
You couldn't pay most people enough to do the work. It is not because of low
pay. A (Mexican) apple picker can easily make $20.00 an hour. Mexican labor
is what keeps the fruit producers going. This is from first hand experience,
I live in apple country and used to work in the industry. I could talk to my
wife (BTW, it's our 26 wedding anniversary today) about other facets of the
farm industry that are just as dependent on Mexican labor (she is an ex
migrant farm worker).

If that's what it took, absolutely, but that's not even remotely close
to reality. Prices on produce would go up a few cents at best. What
you're presenting above is a complete and total lie and hopefully, you
just swallowed someone else's load of crap and are not purposely
spreading it yourself.