Posted to uk.d-i-y
sm_jamieson sm_jamieson is offline

Default Crap dot and dab, visible joins

On 1 Dec, 22:19, " wrote:
On 1 Dec, 20:01, Andy Hall wrote:

On 2007-12-01 19:27:14 +0000, "
said:

Just painted our newly plastered hall. The problem is when painted all
the joins between boards are visible and to be honest they look awful
in certain light.

Plasterer dot and dabbed. Anything that can be done to cover them up
other than re-skimming?

Can't you get the plasterer to come back and do the job properly?

If the joins are visible then either tape/bandage wasn't used or used
properly or the skimming wasn't done properly.

I'm currently contemplating getting him back but that would mean yet
another delay. :-/

He didn't use tapered edge boards, he did use tape though. I'm
guessing he just hasn'y used enough plaster.

I had a plasterer like that. He failed to realise that his job was not
just to put a constant thickness of plaster over the boards, but to
produce a flat surface. Don't know how he got work.
Of course if the boards are too uneven - but yours did the boards
himself !
Simon.