Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller Doug Miller is offline

Default GFCI and cictuit braker

In article , wrote:
my wife had the hair dryer and portable heater turned on in the
bathroom, so the GFCI in my garage reset and the one of the circuit
breaker (for bathroom sockets) popped. Now I can't set the GFCI
neither can I set the circuit breaker.

To reset a tripped circuit breaker, you need to turn it off, then on. Simply
trying to turn it on doesn't work.

The GFCI can't be reset until it has power.

Heater or dryer is not even
plugged in any more and I am not sure if GFCI is blown up or a fuse in
my circuit breaker is blown up.

Circuit breakers don't have fuses inside them.

I tried resetting the main circuit
breaker of the house but that didn't help.

Nope, it wouldn't. That's not where the problem is.

Any ideas??

Turn the tripped breaker off. Then turn it on. Then reset the GFCI. If that
doesn't take care of the problem, your best bet is to call an electrician.

--
Regards,