Posted to alt.home.repair
Cshenk Cshenk is offline

Default Whirlpool bathtubs

"brent" wrote

planning on installing a whirlpool bathrub. Lately I have been hearing
some negative comments from people about them.For example one person
told me their whirlpool bath pump made a very loud distracting
noise.Another person told me their air jet tub blew cold air and the
water quickly lost its heat.I don't want to install a white elephant

The second one is true. The first, variable.

that doesnt get used, and would like to hear comments from people
about their experiences with them--and if they would recommend them.

We had one in a japanese apartment. We rarely used the function as it blew
cold air (or rather, air from the bathroom which is colder than the water).
Due to it's design, it didnt have the problem of water trapped inside.

What we did actually like and use, was an external unit that you put over
the lip of the tub which creates it's whirlpool by jetting the water inside
the tub around. It's not as much 'force' as a true whirlpool, but we liked
it and wore it out eventually. It was 'no muss, no fuss' stuff. Knowing
what I do now, I would actively avoid buying a house with a built in tub
whrlpool. If I saw a side unit propped over the lip though, I'd be grinning
and asking if it could stay with the house.