Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default What size nut is on septic clean outs? (4" pipe)

On Nov 30, 10:37 pm, wrote:

snip

When I get the socket I could use my impact wrench but I am think my
six foot breaker bar is the answer. I forget how powerful my impact
wrench is - I think it can only handle 240 ft/lbs. I think this is
more like 500!

snip

If your impact is such a wimp it's time to upgrade. The market has
many of the newer design double hammer impacts out there and the
original Ingersol-Rand 231 is still one dandy tool, and puts out 500
ft-lbs. Porter-Cable has an Asian knock off for around $110. There are
others on Harbor Freight just fine for the occasional user. It's the
same principle as the NFL uses hardly any 140 lb. linebackers. And
don't forget, Sears sockets and such are made by the same people that
make Matco, so you can order virtually anything you need online if it
isn't already in the store. .Good luck.

Joe