Posted to sci.electronics.repair, rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

Default PROBLEM: Technics SA-400 FM Stereo Alignment

On Dec 1, 9:30 am, EADGBE wrote:

QUESTION: What procedure(s) do I need to do to align the FM tuner so
this problem won't happen again? I have a frequency counter, a signal
generator (20Hz to 20kHz), and a Nakamichi T-100 audio analyzer. My
scope, unfortunately, is non-functional at the moment.

There are a whole bunch of alignment adjustments and you need to go
through the whole procedures. You'll need an RF signal generator,
usually a sweep generator for most FM alignment procedures. This isn't
something you can do at home with what you have.

You really need a service manual. I didn't find Technics SA-400 in the
Sams Photofact , but I found this source that claims to have it:
http://www.analogalley.com/m_techni.htm
That'll tell you what you need and how to do it.