Dave Marsh

Default Glueing aluminum to other metals

Hi Ed,

Thanks for your advice and the very kind offer. I'm after M3 studs height
6mm (panel is 0.06" thick). I'm in the UK and I'm guessing you are in the
US? I can get a bag of 50 Penn self-clinching nuts (not studs, but they
would be ok) from Rapid Electronics over here for ~$4, so that might be
easier and save you overseas postage. But thanks again.

Dave

"Ed" wrote in message
om...
Dave,

Using glue for your application is messy and unreliable. For your
application, as someone mentioned, use:
http://www.pennfast.com/fastening_pr...pdf/chdata.pdf

I have used these at work for electronic enclosures. Give me the
height and screw size and I can probably send you some studs free. I
just drill and press in using a vise. (Sorry, I can't make that offer
to everyone)

Ed Ferguson

I need to space off a PCB by 0.25" behind a small (4" x 1" x 0.06"

thick)
anodized aluminum front panel for an electronics project. The PCB

contains
the push buttons that protrude through holes in the front panel.

snip

Dave