Pete Logghe

Default Wiring 3 phase switch for 2 phase power

"Harold & Susan Vordos" wrote in message ...
"Dan Miller" wrote in message
Is it possible to wire a 3 phase switch for two phase power?

TIA

Dan Miller
Seattle WA

Out of curiosity, where are you finding two phase power? To my knowledge,
there is no such in Washington unless there's some old installations
somewhere, perhaps old mines or the like that generate their own power.
Two phase isn't all that common.

Harold

Any polyphase system can be converted to another polyphase system.
In other words, with the proper transformers, three phase can be
converted to two phase, or vice versa. In fact the original wiring
for the Niagara Falls system included both two and three phase systems
interconnected.

Where I used to work, we converted three phase to twelve phase power.
Yes, I did say and mean twelve phase power.

It is possible to have an old two phase system that is derived from
the three phase power company, for older equipment perhaps that is
not necesarily derived from a private generator.

Perhaps Bruce will jump in with a great reference to a wiring diagram
for a Scott-T transformer.

Interesting isn't it?

Apologies to OP for not having usefull switchgear info.
Pete