David

Default How do you solder pipework which is at the lowest point of the circuit?

PoP wrote in message . ..
That was the problem facing me earlier today. Needed to replace a 15mm
pipe coming off a tee. Problem was that it was below the lowest drain
point on the water circuit, so I knew the pipe had water in it that
would most likely cause problems when applying a blowtorch.

Never tried it myself, but allegedly this can also be solved by
stuffing the open end of the pipe with bread; you then have until the
bread plug becomes saturated to complete your soldering. When you
turn the water on again, the bread disintegrates and comes out the tap
or next junction in the pipework.

David