Posted to alt.home.repair
Duff[_2_] Duff[_2_] is offline

Default Silicone (GE II) too soft for roofing/siding or inside panels above/to extra shower?

I vote for 'old' .
A fresh new tube will likely dry within 24 hours.

On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 15:46:42 -0500, "bent" wrote:

I just used some elsewhere outdoors where it is reaching 0 celsius now. But
I had some I wiped on a piece of paper in the garage, where it doesn't get
into single digits celsius, and its still gooey after several days. So I
still have a couple of jobs to do, and I bought and was planning on using
Silicone GE II for.

(i) On the roof, between the (std. asphalt residential) shingles and the
aluminum siding to fill a 3/4" gap that has creaped away from the last
caulking there.

(ii) Between the new walls and ceiling I just installed in the basement
shower. It hasn't been used in years and probably won't for years to come.
So there will be time to dry, but still. Its just a small square unit, and
the wall and ceiling panels are above the unit. Some splash will make its
way to the joints between the panels and the unit (maybe 6' high) and the
rest of the joints are above that and is just going to be humid.

Just wondering if its too soft? ie need another type for these jobs? eg
exchange for Latex?