Posted to sci.electronics.repair
n cook n cook is offline

Default Yamaha dual audio CD recorder and player

Someone asked me to look at this very expensive unit , but I declined.
Not seen and model number unknown.
Apparently there is something called OPC that checks the material of the
blank media. About 2 out of 10 attempts to record, it drops out at this OPC
check stage, equally so for the 2 makes of disc he uses.
As it is still useable I declined to look at something that may well end up
worse, and I suggested he try some other makers discs.
Any other advice ?

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England