Posted to balt.general, misc.consumers, alt.home.repair
Don Klipstein Don Klipstein is offline

Default $3.249 Gal. For #2 Home Heating Oil

In ,
Jerry wrote in part:

I live three miles from the North Pole Flint Hills Refinery in
Alaska. I am paying $3.27 a gallon for No.1 fuel oil.
The crude is shipped another 350 mile via the trans-Alaska pipeline
then by tanker to the West Coast of the USA where they pay less.
Figure that one out.

I know a bit of a "scandal" in the Philadelphia area. Generally, the
closer one is gasoline-shoping to the Sunoco refinery in SW Philadelphia,
the higher gasoline prices are.

The reason I suspect: The farther one is from Sunoco's nearest
competitor, the higher the price charged by Sunoco.

I also suspect that Sunoco is far from the only one who does this.

- Don Klipstein )