Posted to alt.home.repair
John Barry John Barry is offline

Default $3.249 Gal. For #2 Home Heating Oil

George wrote:
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Jack" Windswept@Home wrote in message
$3.25 gal. is higher than a gal. of premium gasoline ($3.17) today.

In 4/07, #2 oil was $2.55.

In 12/06, it was $2.44.

People will be dialing back this winter, and not because Green Al Gore
toed them to.

When I was in Italy earlier this year paid 1.10 Euro per liter for
heating oil where I stayed. I paid 1.28 E per liter for gas, so with
the exchange rate it worked out to $6.40 a gallon. A week ago in
Amsterdam it was 1.70 and the Euro is now in the 1.49 range so it is
closer to $10 a gallon.

But not really a fair comparison because they have significantly higher
taxes on fuels than we do.

Methinks you miss the point. European countries without petroleum
reserves long back decided to discourage consumption, and still do. Sure
cuts down on the # of Escalades and Hummers, as opposed to back here in
Detroit.

John