Posted to balt.general,misc.consumers,alt.home.repair
John Barry John Barry is offline

Default $3.249 Gal. For #2 Home Heating Oil

Jerry wrote:
On Nov 29, 12:16 pm, Windswept@Home (Jack) wrote:
$3.25 gal. is higher than a gal. of premium gasoline ($3.17) today.

In 4/07, #2 oil was $2.55.

In 12/06, it was $2.44.

People will be dialing back this winter, and not because Green Al Gore
toed them to.

I live three miles from the North Pole Flint Hills Refinery in
Alaska. I am paying $3.27 a gallon for No.1 fuel oil.
The crude is shipped another 350 mile via the trans-Alaska pipeline
then by tanker to the West Coast of the USA where they pay less.
Figure that one out.
In some of the 200 Alaskan remote villages like along the Yukon river
they are paying about $6.00 a gallon.
A lot of people are switching to wood.

Deja-vu all over again. (Yogi Berra) (Like, back in the 18th century.)

Funny how waste/trash can be seen as a resource. Sure works for me.

John