Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Sears tractor keeps destroying pulleys

John wrote:

Original poster he

Thanks for all the replys. I have done quite a bit of root removal and
I ry to be careful.It's never going to be completely pristine yard
though . But it seems to me the trackor should be able to take a bit
of punishment.
My old Wheel Horse which was a third the price would hit obsructions
too but in that case the belt would slip an I would see and smell it
burn. I'd stop without much damage
being done . I think I must be missing something. The belt is not all
tight, the pulley was bolted down very well and still I'm broken down
for god knows how long. I question is , has anyone had this happen to
them as well ? Is there a design problem?

I don't really think so, no.

What are you actually hitting?

My suggestion w/o seeing what your situation is to raise the blade
higher so it doesn't hit obstructions.