Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.equipment,sci.electronics.misc
Gaetan Mailloux Gaetan Mailloux is offline

Default About the Radio-Shack (Tandy) 22-175b multimeter

"William Sommerwerck" ) writes:
Okay. Does it have a capacitance scale _intended_ to read 5 to 50 pF? I
doubt it.

Hello

No it's an auto ranging.

Do you have a basic understanding of the terms "resolution" and "accuracy",
and how they relate to measurements?

Why ?

Thank

Gaetan

"Gaetan Mailloux" wrote in message

Even without tests leads there is a .1 nf reading, I want to use it for
low value cap testing (5 to 50 pf), so it's kind of problematic.

Thank

Bye

Gaetan

"William Sommerwerck" )
writes:
Wen I use it to measure capacitors it do not do it's 0 before

measuring,
even without any wires plug to it there is alway a .1 nf reading, there

is
only two trimpots on the pc board, how can we reajust to have 0 ?

On the lower capacitance scales, it _shouldn't_ be zero. The test leads

have
a certain amount of capacitance.

If you've removed the leads, a residual reading might be due to internal
capacitance, or the converter's LSB flopping.

In any case, if you're reading microfarads, 0.1nF (100pF) is hardly of

any
concern.