Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Snag Snag is offline

Default Air Compressor Questions

Anthony wrote:
BobH wrote in
news:d2e64$47508bd4 :

Would I need to run a big filter and refrigerated dryer to paint or
use a plasma cutter?

That's what we run at work, and there is no oil in the air. Course,
these are commercial units (3x 400 HP + 1x 250HP units).
As for the dryer, any compressor needs one to get the moisture out for
painting, etc.

I dunno , we run a rotary screw type at the cabinet shop and I get a good
bit of oil . And water , but that's another issue entirely . OTOH , I run a
piston type at home , and have no problem at all with oil . I'm not runnin'
anywhere near the same volume though . And in fairness , the screw comp at
work was purchased used , and I kinda suspect we got took ...

--

Snag aka OSG #1
'90 Ultra , "Strider"