Posted to alt.home.repair
desgnr desgnr is offline

Default you thinkNeed Ideas Full Post

I like the plaster of paris idea.
Do you think the adhesive side of velcro will stick to the plaster ???????

"Norminn" wrote in message
EXT wrote:

Sorry, your cat insists on it's right to sit on the window sill and look
out the window. He/she is pushing the lamps off the sill because they are
in its way. Cats get bored and need to entertain themselves by looking out
the window for birds, squirrels or other activity. Unless you can find a
way to permanently mount the lamps or physically clamp them to the window,
your cat is just going to push harder to get them out its way.

When I met my hubby, his cat thought that he owned the kitchen counters
and dining room table. No way do I eat or prepare food where the kitty
has trod. He got trained in a hurry. Fortunately, he was a very sweet
kitty and didn't like being scolded. I had never expected to miss a cat,
but Kitty (his name from former owner) was a sweety, very well behaved. If
the cats are left to use one window, they might be trainable and leave the
others alone, although the lights might be a fascinating toy. A glob of
florist clay under each candle might hold them to the sill - don't know
whether the stuff reacts with metal, but some sort of clay or putty should
hold pretty well.