Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default MAPPS Torch Rather Than Propane For Home Plumbing ?

On Nov 30, 8:54 am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Mapp is much hotter than propane. Doing refrigeration work, I've done stick
brazing with a Mapp torch. Ranks right up there with acetylene. Actually,
I've not used my acetylene torch in years.

--

Christopher A. Young;
.

"John van Gurp" wrote in messagenews:Pine.GSO.4.64.0711281207420.24530@hali fax.chebucto.ns.ca...

I tried to make up an elbow joint of 1" copper at my furnace a while ago
and couldn't get it hot enough, so called on a friend who arrived with
MAPP and voila! Good clean sweat - easy as pie. So if you need extra heat
go with MAPP.

Cheers,
John

Actually, I've not used my acetylene torch in years.

Can I have it?