Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike Mike is offline

Default Return air grille replacement

Hi All,

I have a 14x14 return air grille I want to replace. I got one from
Home Depot and while it's the same physical size, the screws are
centered in the new one, while the old one it looks like they were
made futher out near the edge. I can't use the new one because the
screws are in too far - they go through the sheetrock/drywall and hit
the outer metal frame of the return. The new grille is mild steel, I
assume, and I'm not sure how well drilling holes in the new one to
match the old one will work.

I'm thinking of getting a 16x16, centering it over the hole and just
drilling new holes in the sheetrock.

Any Advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt