Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
* * is offline

Default Mythbusters sighting

SteveB wrote in article

wrote in message
On Nov 28, 9:56 pm, "SteveB" wrote:

Pretty soon they will be like OCC and have the water cutting machine

and
CNC
wheel mill, etc. Same thing. They don't show the fifty people

working
off
camera and behind the walls.

In Mythbusters defense they do attempt to show some of the off camera
help from time to time. However thats not who people are tuning in to
watch. People watch OCC because they're so dysfunctional its funny
(or sad, depends on how you look at it) so they get ratings and thus
more air time.

Complain about the PEOPLE not the shows.

OOps. My bad. Next time I'll check with you first.

Steve

I believe the whole Mythbusters concept has just about run its course.

They - like Mike Rowe in Dirty Jobs - are now strongly soliciting ideas
from their audience.

If one can judge from past audience-driven shows, we should not expect
award-winning scientific concepts and ideas.

At least the people involved with "Wing Nuts" had the decency to quit when
the concept started to go stale, and they did NOT exploit the suicide of
one of the main characters.

Imagine what American Chopper would do with the suicide of Mikey or Paul -
either Sr. or Jr.