Posted to alt.home.repair
desgnr desgnr is offline

Default Need Ideas Full Post

When i said the base was 1/8", i meant the actual base is 2" in diameter &
hollow so the metal part around the circonference is 1/8" thick.
"Mark" wrote in message

"desgnr" wrote in message
newskD3j.16873$281.16500@trndny06...
I bought candelabras with single clear bulbs to put on the window sills.
The problem is our cat knocks them over.
I'm looking for a way to secure them.
The window is metal.
The base of the light is tapered & hollow so i can't use velcro.
I really don't want to drill a hole thru the base & have to make a hole
in
the metal sill.
The part of the base that sits on the sill is very narrow ( less than
1/8" )
I was wondering if epoxy would hold on such a little area.
Whats your idea ???????

Base is only 1/8"? That seems awful thin - about the size of a candle
you'd put on a birthday cake, not the kind you'd put on a window sill.

Regardless, I had problems with ours (more like 1.5" base) and I used
those 3M removable hooks and some fine wire. I put a hook on two sides of
the base, then use the wire around the base and hooks to keep the light in
place.