Adam

Default Finish questions for steel kitchen appliances

I would choose either Rust-Oleum or Krylon's "appliance epoxy" sprays
over powder coating. Powder coating has more expense, less repairability
and less scratch resistance in my experiences with it.

-Adam

We're having our kitchen redone and having all the appliances replaced. All
the refrigerators we like have either a stainless steel front or have a
wooden front to match the cabinets. I like the magnet-on-the-refrigerator
way of posting notes, my kid's art projects and the like. I proposed that
we make a wooden frame to hold a thin piece of steel powder coated the
proper color, but my the contractor seems to think powder coating is easily
scratched. I'm used to powder coating race car parts, but haven't viewed
the parts with an eye towards long term cosmetic appeal.