Posted to uk.d-i-y
diy-newby diy-newby is offline

Default Can a 150w outside PIR light be upgraded to a 300w

"David Hansen" wrote in message
On Fri, 30 Nov 2007 09:27:48 -0000 someone who may be "diy-newby"
wrote this:-

Hi guys

I purchased the following outside light a couple of months ago

https://www.screwfix.com/prods/99280...loodlight-150W

ISTM that what would work best in this sort of situation is a dusk
to dawn low energy lamp for security lighting and a 500W floodlight
for the infrequent times loading and the like is done.

If high levels of light are often needed a sodium lamp would be
better.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh

Thanks, I've since found out that 150w is the maximum as the higher wattage
ones are all 118mm, not 78mm long as the 150w.
Never mind.

Whilst on the topic of PIR lights I am trying to find a white PIR light that
can be fitted to the outside wall but angled so the light is pointing
directly downwards. Most of the current ones are fancy (not the old square
/ rectangular lamps) and cannot be angled directly down. Can only seem to
find the black ones.