Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] ohiodesperado@gmail.com is offline

Default Hobart Toaster Wiring Diagram Needed ASAP

On Nov 29, 2:13 pm, wrote:
Hi. I have a Hobart ET27-4 commercial grade 4-slice toaster. It is a
208/240 volt model. The only way I can get it to toast anything in any
of the 4 slots is to push both levers down. I should be able to toast
2 slices at once, im pretty sure. Im thinking it is just wired wrong
and am looking for a wiring diagram. Any help HIGHLY appreciated. TIA

It sounds like the netural wire if disconnected somewhere.
The toaster may only use 110 per side and not 220 to run the elements,
pushing both levers down completes the circuit by applying 220 across
both elements making them heat up. Another test you could do is check
the case to a known ground like a screw on an outlet or a copper water
pipe with a meter while only one side is pushed down. If there is any
measureable voltage, the netural is floating and the unit is unsafe
for use. The problem could be either the outlet is incorrectly wired
or the wiring in the unit is faulty.