Ron Thompson

Default small engine electronic ignition

Ron Thompson wrote:

I was working on my father-in-law's lawnmower. I replaced the points
and didn't want to do it every year.

Replace the condenser. A bad condenser will either stop the engine dead
or just get it to eat points.

The zener and SCR sounds like it may be the ticket.

See my post elsewhere in this thread. That doesn't work.

Ted

Yes, I should have said points and condenser. The end of the condenser
is the lower contact of the points set.

Ron Thompson

http://www.plansandprojects.com

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is
to fill the world with fools.
--Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)