Posted to alt.home.repair
Mamba Mamba is offline

Default Can a pipe act as a heater?

"Aaron Fude" wrote in message
Hi,

My bathroom is too small for a radiator so I'm looking for alternative
solutions.

On my visits to Europe I notice that they have exposed pipes that run
along the walls and are hot. I think those are pipes that deliver hot
water to the radiators.

Would that be a viable solution and does there exist an aesthetically
attractive version of it in the US?

Thanks!

You could make one out of copper for a few $. In fact, a little creative
sweating and you could create a pretty nifty room warmer that could double
as a towel warmer for those mornings stepping out of the shower. Running
the shower would heat the pipes, room and towels.

If you don't run the hot water for a while, the pipes (and room?) might cool
down, tho.

Wait, let me patent that idea! ;-)