jtaylor

Default Glueing aluminum to other metals

Dave Marsh wrote in message
Hi,

I need to space off a PCB by 0.25" behind a small (4" x 1" x 0.06" thick)
anodized aluminum front panel for an electronics project. The PCB contains
the push buttons that protrude through holes in the front panel.

The PCB has M3 holes drilled for fastening purposes but I can't put holes

in
the front panel for appearance sake. I need to fasten the PCB strongly
enough so there is no danger of it coming loose when the user presses one

of
the buttons.

How is your front panel held on?

It must be connected to the back somehow - even if it is glued to a chassis
then what I'd do would be mount the pcb to whatever the panel mounts to.

I'm thinking you have a box or something with a pretty front panel - well,
mount the pcb to the back of the box on some sort of standoff.

I'd rather have dumb users (are ther any other kinds?) push on a structure
that is solid than pull on one that is glued.