Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Installing an exhaust fan

On Nov 29, 4:17 pm, Aaron Fude wrote:
Well, here's the fan that I like:

http://www.westsidewholesale.com/ind...=@@@@117373680...

Not that I need 150 CFM as my bathroom is only 7'x8' but I'm attracted
to its very low sones. Or are sones largely bs?

Panasonic are good fans. The noise thing is very much a personal
issue. Some people don't mind a louder fan as it provides masking
sounds and it _sounds_ like it's working! Totally your call.

Someone touched on the remote blower - if you have another bathroom
you could get a larger blower and run both ducts to it, then a duct to
outside. That may let you run the ducting in a better way. Only
thing with those multi-zone exhaust fans is that both rooms will have
air exhausted when either bathroom switch is turned on. There are
damper registers that are automatic. It's not a cheap way to go in
any sense of the word.