Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Need Ideas Full Post

desgnr wrote:

I bought candelabras with single clear bulbs to put on the window sills.
The problem is our cat knocks them over.
I'm looking for a way to secure them.
The window is metal.
The base of the light is tapered & hollow so i can't use velcro.
I really don't want to drill a hole thru the base & have to make a hole in
the metal sill.
The part of the base that sits on the sill is very narrow ( less than 1/8" )
I was wondering if epoxy would hold on such a little area.
Whats your idea ???????

I would not light them until you cure the cat problem, as an upset light
might be a fire hazard. You should be able to plug the base - with a
dowel or a cork - to fasten the light to some sort of base. Not seeing
your windowsill limits one to suggest a fix. Why is the base so
narrow? Seems something is missing or they were intended to have a
candleholder??????