Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] fazeka@gmail.com is offline

Default Repair broken Tek 485 or buy good used 2465/A/B?

On Nov 29, 12:50 pm, Jim Yanik wrote:
how much "high performance" do you need for audio,tube amps?
250Mhz is overkill.
A T922 (15Mhz)would suffice,and be far more reliable than a 485.
No OOP TEK-made ICs,either.

Well, point being I already have the 485. BTW, I got this 485 gratis
from a friend who was hoping to use it but couldn't find the time over
the years. But then it died shortly after I received it from him.

My original query was based more around the thought "Should I put
money into this 485?". Or if it's too much hassle/cost to fix it would
I be better served (on the repair person's advice) to sell/trade it in
for a 2465 or another 485 he has (with the possible notion that I may
"grow" into whatever I end up with)...

My apologies for apparently having caused more excitement than I had
planned on.