Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker[_3_] Steve Barker[_3_] is offline

Default How much torque on a fitting?

reminds me of a funny i did once upon a time. i had the manifold off of a
small block chevy and managed to break a t-stat bolt off. I proceeded to
drill that sucker all the way through and put a nut on the bottom side. I
wish i could have been there for the next som-beach that had to take that
bolt out. I laughed for years over that.

"Harry K" wrote in message

My worst panic was the day I twisted off one of the bolts holding the
thermostat while installing a freshly completely overhauled motor in
my PU. (1962 Chev 6) Only thin original left on it was the block/
camshaft and crank. Carefully drilled dead center for an easy out and
busted the drill bit off in the hole just as I was finishing. Much
fun with a dental pick before I got that out of there.

Harry K