Posted to alt.home.repair
Cshenk Cshenk is offline

Default Spiders, was Termites

"Lar" wrote
Cshenk wrote:

The real fix of course is to kill the attic infestation then put in some
sort of preventive treatment against reinfestation. Lowes helped out

If in "spider bombs" you mean the foggers, there is no difference so just
get the cheapest one. The active is probably pyrethrin or permethrin which
will be a contact kill and leave no residual behind...that is why you can
use them inside the house. Another trait in

Thats what the Lowes fellow said. Worked a charm. We fogged this morning.

those chemicals is they can act as a flushing agent. It will kill the
spiders,silverfish and wasps on contact that are commonly found in the
attics, but it can also push others into the home. If you ever do call

Grin, yeah a few attempted escapees but not as many as we had feared.

a pro what he would probably do..needs to do...is dust the attic with a
residual dust and treat the outside perimeter with a formulation known as
"micro encapsulated" along with treating the entry ways inside the home
with a liquid residual or dust products.

Havent treated the outside yet but we did that with the inside and 2
different products. Dust stuff in the attic where we could reach and a fine
mist spray as far out as we could get, then interior again. We actually did
the interior last night and along all windows/doors. We hit the ceiling
heat ducts too just in case but there seems no egress inside from the attic
there.

If this doesnt work, we will get a professional. I suspect they have better
chemicals than we can get at Lowes and can reach farther with their gear
than we can just from the attic hatch.