Posted to alt.home.repair
Eric Eric is offline

Default Installing an exhaust fan

At the risk of sounding silly, is there *no* way to run the duct between the joists rather than
across them?

Even if it's a considerably longer run, it would be better than having the floor collapse ;^)

Eric Law

"Aaron Fude" wrote in message
Hi,

How does one install an exhast fan when the joists run parallel to the
outside wall. My prospective contractor recommends drilling holes in
the joists. This is a larger bathroom so I need a larger fan so I am
going to have 6" holes in my joints. Isn't that effectively cutting
them in half? What could be an alternative solution?

Thanks!

Aaron