Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default Stacking Washer/Dryer trick?

" wrote:

On Nov 27, 10:22�pm, "Pete C." wrote:
" wrote:

every time a machine needs service you will regret their being
stacked.

worse front load machines require more service, its kinda complex, so
unless you fix them yourself $$$$ for future service

I love my Maytag stack, indeed I wouldn't consider anything but a stack
considering the space savings. Of course I don't have mine on any kind
of platform so it would be very easy to pull out for service.

Wonder if you will still love your stack when the drum bearing fails,
and your faced with 350 bucks cost for new drum?

$350 Eh? Try about $35 at most, as I fix things myself. A stupid plastic
damper door in my fridge broke, part unavailable, only in a $160 module.
I fabricated a replacement in my shop in about 30 minutes, installed it
and it's worked fine ever since.

sure your saving energy and water with front loaders but the added up
front costs will never be recouped on water and energy savings

What added up front costs? It wasn't any more expensive than any other
washer / dryer set in the upper-middle end of the range of any brand,
both front load or top load.