Posted to sci.electronics.repair, alt.music.makers.electric-piano,rec.music.makers.synth, alt.toys.hi-tech, misc.consumers
Prisoner at War Prisoner at War is offline

Default HELP!!!! TRIPPED OVER POWER SUPPLY!!!!

On Nov 28, 4:51 pm, "James Sweet" wrote:

Others have already suggested the solution multiple times.

Yes, I see those messages now.

Either the wire
is broken in the adapter cord, something broke within the adapter itself, or
the power jack on the keyboard got yanked and cracked the solder there.
Anyone with basic soldering skills can fix this for you, if you take the
whole mess to a shop it should be under 100 bucks and it'll be good as new.

Yep, one authorized service provider wants $50 just to take a look --
though it'll be applied to any fixing that might need to be done.

I just used a voltage meter on the adapter, and sure enough, it
doesn't register a current! Hopefully, that's the full extent of my
problem...thanks again for the advice.