Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default No good deed goes unpunished

On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 05:53:04 -0800 (PST), mlcorson
wrote:

On Nov 29, 1:30 am, Don Foreman
wrote:

When I arrived, some church lady was there with a couple of
sorry-lookin' "poor refugees from Somalia" (read illegals) scavenging
and scrounging.

Yes, Don this is is indeed a sad story. Perhaps you should not share
it. Coming from a fairly recent heritage of immigrants; to me your
story illuminates your prejudices. Sorry, that you think my family
has taken so much from America and given so little back. This group
must have really hit your buttons...Somoli (black), poor, desperate,
uneducated and prone to stealing. Just your opinion. Illegal or not,
Don you just don't understand the desperation and fear (of death) some
of these people had to face in their "parent" countries in order to
get here. Because they have limited resources they are dependent on
"church ladies" to help them find furniture, sheets, beds, etc. Sorry
about your cell phone, hope you find it. G-d bless America.
Mike

Prejudice literally means "pre judge". I made no judgements at all
other than observation of events. Stealing from hands extended to help
does tend to retract the helping hand. I've been known to take in
strays, but I will not tolerate a dog that bites the hand feeding it.