Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Compact fluorescent lamps failing

On 2007-11-29 15:51:18 +0000, said:

Thus spake Andy Hall ) unto the assembled multitudes:

It would require say 2500 of these fine looking machines onshore and
say 2000 offshore.

Not according to your report. You may think that they are fine
looking. Others don't.

But not all others. I think they are fabulous. Form and function in
glorious harmony. We're hoping to erect one at this university. It'll
provide 20% of our electricity, with another 20% from our CHP plant which is
being installed as I speak.

All kinds of things are done at universities that are not scalable or
suitable for the real world.