Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default Plastic Shims

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
Been using plastic shims for a while
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/67164/...stic-Shims-200

Mixed packs are OK, but I want to buy a supply of 10mm only.

Found one supplier on the web at £10 per 100 +£9.80 postage!!!!!!! £9.80
(+VAT) to post 100 plastic shims worth about £2 to make.

Anyone know where I can buy one size at a sensible price & delivery
charge?

In the 'window trade' the spacers they use are referred to as Flat Packers,
but only seem to go up to 6mm, as the frames are only supposed to be 10mm
smaller than the brick to brick gap, i.e. 5mm per side. It may be worth
asking at a local uPVC suppliers if 10mm are available or you could use two
5mm ones together.

HTH

John