Posted to alt.home.repair
Curmudgeon Curmudgeon is offline

Default Flourescent light problem

It has nothing to do with the lamps....its the ballast that doesn't like
cold. Change to a fixture with electronic ballast and T-8 lamps.

"franz frippl" wrote in message
On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 18:55:32 -0500, ---MIKE--- wrote:

In my bedroom I have a standard 12" flourescent light. During warm and
mild weather it works normally. During cold weather, when I turn it on,
it glows dimly but won't light until I turn the switch off and on a few
times. When I get up in the morning it lights normally. After that it
acts up all day. ??????

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

I do believe that there are lamps designed for cold weather.