Posted to alt.home.repair
franz frippl franz frippl is offline

Default Installing a vanity sink and base

On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 16:07:54 -0500, BETA-32 wrote:

I am about to install a 48-inch bathroom vanity base with a one-piece
"cultured marble" vanity top/sink. Both are low-end items (a Virginia
Marble VM101 white-vein/white vanity on top of a Kompact Kitchen V48S
vanity base).

I know how to secure the base to the wall, but I am not sure how to
secure the vanity sink/top to the base so it will stay securely in
place. The limited installation instructions that came with the
cultured marble vanity top/sink say to apply a thin bead of "sealing
compound" to the top of each corner of the vanity base and set the
cultured marble top in place. Then carefully apply a bead of "sealing
compound" where the backsplash meets the wall.

My question is, what do they mean by "sealing compound"? Do I use
silicone caulk, or do I use an adhesive-type caulk?

Buy a good grade of silicone sealant.