Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] alvinamorey@notmail.com is offline

Default Can a pipe act as a heater?

Just drill a hole thru one of the studs in the wall, the entire length
of the 2x4. Run the hot water thru the hole. LOL

On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 20:40:33 -0800 (PST), BobK207
wrote:

On Nov 28, 7:20 pm, Aaron Fude wrote:
Hi,

My bathroom is too small for a radiator so I'm looking for alternative
solutions.

On my visits to Europe I notice that they have exposed pipes that run
along the walls and are hot. I think those are pipes that deliver hot
water to the radiators.

Would that be a viable solution and does there exist an aesthetically
attractive version of it in the US?

Thanks!

Aaron-

How much heat do you need? US location?

Do you already have hot water heat in the rest of the house?

You could solder something up out of copper tube but you'd need to be
careful of the burn hazard.

They make chrome plated brass tube as well

Depnds on how much effort you want to put into this, you could
integrate this into the towel rack arrangement...heat the bathroom &
the towels

Electric heat is easy

www.mcmaster.com

cheers